there will be images of new paintings coming soon.
A FEW THINGS GOING ON RIGHT NOW...
* 3 paintings partially completed.
* a series of 9 paintings being reworked.
* i figured out how to best use my studio for new screen printing of photographic images onto reclaimed fabrics for Maggie's and my upcoming children's clothing line Benjamin Ballerina: pretty tough clothing for kids... more info about that coming soon.
* Sent(a)Mental Studios - Youth Project open studios students begin this week.
* posting a photo a day. (except for sundays - my tech free days)
and speaking and creating an open studio environment at
“Promoting Wellness Through Social Justice”
"Promoviendo Bienestar por medio de Justicia Social"
The national mental health conference organized by and for mental health consumers and survivors will be held Wednesday, September 29 - Sunday, October 3, 2010 at the Hyatt Regency, 11999 Harbor Blvd., Anaheim/Garden Grove, California 92840 (Hyatt reservations - 800-233-1234).
Each Alternatives conference offers in-depth technical assistance on peer-delivered services and self-help/recovery methods. Beyond the exchange of knowledge and networking, Alternatives offers a rich social, artistic, and healing environment. Said one attendee: “The conference transformed me so I can transform the system.”
Mental (St)ealth: The Vision and Art of Transgender Activist Dylan Scholinski
Dylan Scholinski, Founder/Witness of Sent(a) Mental Studios, artist, and author of the award- winning memoir The Last Time I Wore a Dress, will talk about how he healed through art and service. Learn about his projects, including a memorial to LGBTIQA suicide and work with at-risk youth. Stay and create some art with Dylan! Friday and Saturday, he will be conducting an “Open Studio” in the Laguna Suite (Check the door for times).
keep coming back for updates and images.